Sunday, September 11, 2005

Bona Fide Heroes

From Jessica Rodgers, 16, a homeschooler

Being a hero doesn't even require going outside of your own family. Simply being a role model to those around you makes a bigger impact than you may imagine.


My own heroes come from my family. In fact, the only reason I began writing was to copy my dad because I looked up to him so much. In my book, my parents are bona fide heroes.


Thank you to everyone who keeps us safe each day. Thank you to all the people whom I take for granted all the time. And thank you to the heroes of Sept. 11.


May we always continue to learn from you.

|
Homeschool Legislation Watch
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]