Friday, September 09, 2005

If you live in Winthrop Harbor District #1 - read this

Most homeschoolers live on one income. That makes big property tax hikes a big concern. So, if you live in this area, you may want to take a look at this. I'm not advocating you vote no, I just think you should research the facts. If I were voting in this area, I would look at this site and find a site that was for the tax hike. I figure the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. I always worry about single income families and the elderly when there are huge property tax increases. Where we live, we are going to get slammed next year with property tax increases. As you look at this, remember that most assessors have increased the value of houses by a huge amount. That means that most taxes are going up significantly without adding on tax increases.

|
Homeschool Legislation Watch
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]