Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Why do we homeschool? Two words: Square dancing

Article from a homeschooling dad, Christopher Smith, in TN

So why do we homeschool? I'll give you 20 reasons.
1.No one, and I mean no one, has the right to teach my son how to square dance.
2.Summer vacation can begin in January and end in March.
3.While I agree with the ACLU that
religion has no place in public education, I don't think you can teach "character education" without it. I don't think you should teach sex education
without it. And anyone who thinks you can give a child a complete education in
science without discussing God doesn't know enough about the history of science.
But I also believe God invented evolution, so my ideas aren't real popular among
most homeschoolers either.
continued at the site.

|
Homeschool Legislation Watch
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]