Friday, July 01, 2005

Learning Calendar

Since today is July 1st, I got my Learning Calendar newsletter in the mail today. I can't remember how I heard about this, but it's a good one. Better yet, since I waited until April to order it (not planned, but procrastinated), they were sold out of the 1st quality and I got the seconds for 6 bucks. What a deal!
Hmmm...I didn't notice before that the previous years' calendars are for sale for $4. Annexation of the States, Great Inventions and Presidents of the United States, history of the holidays.
Today (July 1st) covers the Battle of San Juan Hill. And a Rough Rider Trail Mix. Doesn't look too bad. No raisins..bleckk..but dried cranberries or cherries would be good.
Good Stuff. You can take it as far or not with the resources offered on the calendar. As a matter of fact, right now I'm the only one paying attention to the events on the calendar. The kids are finishing up 4-H fair projects and I can't catch their ears long enough yet to look at the latest tidbits. I'll just soak it up in case they ask me something about Teddy Roosevelt while driving here, there and everywhere (the price you pay living out on the farm). I often have no clue regarding the questions asked and I can't legally or safely use my trusty Google. (That's why our truck is stocked with an almanac, Ripley's Believe It or Not (11 year old boy questions, ya know), and the Scholastic Book of Lists along with the Garfield books.

|
Homeschool Legislation Watch
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]