Friday, May 20, 2005

Guest Post from Carie - Jasper County Christian Home Educators

I am Carie, co-leader of the Jasper County Christian Home Educators. We are a small group, although we are very thankful that we have each other. Jasper Countyis a rural area in south-central Illinois. We have about 10 active families, but there are a few more that homeschool than that. After a hiatus, we resumed meetings last fall as a group. We try to have a meeting once a month and have the kids show something that they have been working on. I have been trying to come up with themes for each meeting; art, Abraham Lincoln, etc. That way the kids (and moms) have some guidance in the project. We meet at local churches or at the community park. This is my first year as a group leader so I am pretty clueless about everything. My kids are still young :) But we are learning together and having a wonderful time of it. I know that I wouldn't be able to do it without the wonderful support of the other homeschool families in this area.

If you would like to get in touch with the Jasper County Christian Home Educators drop us an email: homeschoolillinois [at] insightbb [dot] com and we will hook you up. Susan and I would like to thank Carie for taking the time out of her busy day to participate in the blog.

|
Homeschool Legislation Watch
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]