Friday, September 02, 2005

Venting About Katrina Relief...

I sent this to FOX's Greta's Wire blog.
I am horrified by the government's response to Hurricane Katrina. I have watched more than one special on what would happen if there was a large hurricane in New Orleans. As I watched them pack people into the superdome, I knew this was a bad plan. Now I sit and watch Shepherd Smith at the 235 exit. After two days, there is no help for those people. He told them exactly where those people were. There is no excuse. There is no excuse for what is going on at the convention center where Geraldo just arrived and Steve Harrigan has been reporting. There is no excuse for FEMA not going into unsecured areas with aid. They could have put military in each truck armed, but they didn't. The Coast Guard and the military helicopters are doing heroic things. The politicians in Louisiana need to apologize for the way this has been handled. Mothers or fathers with children and the elderly should have been evacuated first. The college students should not have been put at the front of the line. The healthy tourists should not have been put at the front of the line. I hope those state senators who sent those buses for college students instead of babies and grandmothers get what they deserve. I am beyond angry at the way this has been handled.

|
Homeschool Legislation Watch
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]